As with any other trade, Locksmith Guelph has its own set of unique tools. Looking at them piece by piece should be puzzling, if you do not have a background on Locksmith Guelph service at all. Special tools are used for special purposes just like a carpenter’s hammer is used only for pounding nails into place. Locksmith Guelph has a keen eye for detail as well as skilled and deft hands to pick on the tiny little parts and mechanisms of a lock.
Lock picking is probably the most common task asked by customers from Locksmith Guelph, as this is the easiest and most inexpensive method of opening a locked door. Rather than have a Locksmith Guelph replace your lock, you will always try to have him to open it first without necessarily prying the door. Locksmith Guelph uses several tools for this specific purpose as listed below:
1. Plug Spinners. Plug Spinners are used to lift, rotate and move the plug so that it goes back to its natural unlocked state. Handling this instrument requires a Locksmith Guelph to have prior knowledge of the accurate positioning of the lock components.
2. Computerized Picks. Computerized picks are used by Locksmith Guelph for more complicated lock types such as combination systems. This instrument is made of steel and is capable of configuring up to 6 pins and disc patterns.
3. Tension Wrenches. The tension wrenches are used to control and apply the exact amount of turning pressure needed to access the shear line. Locksmith Guelph usually carries 3 types of torsion wrenches: light, medium and rigid.
4. Key Extractors. These tools are used by Locksmith Guelph to remove broken keys, key parts and other foreign material key parts, broken keys and other foreign material that are wedged into the lock cylinders.
5. Electric Pick Guns. Electric pick guns are basically small drills powered by electricity. The picks can be replaced, just like any other regular electric drill. A Locksmith Guelph will typically have an array of picks in different small sizes.
These five tools cover the basic gadgets for lock picking. There are more tools used by Commerical Locksmith Guelph for other purposes such as installation and repair. Some of them include deadbolt installation kits, Locksmith Guelph hammers, key cutters and router drills. The next time you call on your reliable Locksmith Guelph service, check out what instruments he uses when performing the job. Having fundamental background on the tools of Locksmith Guelph will give you a general idea on how the work is done, and if indeed your Locksmith Guelph is carrying with him the right equipment.
Using the wrong tools might cause more damage than good! If you are doubtful of your Locksmith Guelph’s tools, you can purchase your own set of lock-picking tools which can be found at practically every hardware store. The next time you call on your Locksmith Guelph, you can ask him to use your tools instead. Or perhaps you can try using the tools yourself – who knows, you might have a future career as a highly skilled Locksmith Guelph! Make a little effort to experiment and find out if you indeed have the natural ability to pick locks.