1. Find out if they have a physical address. This is imperative. It is estimated that about 92% of the Locksmith Kitchener that appear on search engine maps don’t actually exist. In fact, the chances of finding a legitimate Locksmith Kitchener in your town are extremely slim. Call around and ask for their retail location, if they can’t give you one, don’t give them your business.
2. Ask if they are a member of the Associated Locksmith Kitchener of America.
This association is the closest way for a Locksmith Kitchener to become licensed. The Locksmith Kitchener should be able to give you their rating and provide some kind of accreditation.
3. Ask for a quote over the phone. Legitimate Locksmith Kitchener in Boston, in most cases, should be able to give you a very accurate price over the phone. The Locksmith Kitchener trade is usually very standard and prices do not vary often. If the price over the phone sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
4. Find out if they are driving a company vehicle. Locksmith Kitchener require a lot of different tools and parts to do their job properly, so for the most part they will drive something big enough to accommodate all of it. If they show up in a small car, holding a drill, ask them to leave, because chances are they are just going drill your locks and make you break the bank.
5. Do not let anyone convince you that your locks are high security.
Very few households have ACTUAL high security locks on their doors. If the Locksmith Kitchener claims that your locks are high security and he has to drill them, he is likely not telling the truth. Drilling your locks is a last resort, a legitimate Locksmith Kitchener will try picking and bumping before he drills.
6. Inquire about company identification.
A professional Locksmith Kitchener should have a uniform, a commercial vehicle and some sort of I.D or business card. If they can not provide any of these things, watch out!
7. Looking for something “bump proof?” Get all the facts first. Yes “bumping” does exist and it most certainly can be prevented, ask about primus cylinders. Don’t be fooled by someone claiming that a lock is bump proof, ask how it works and why it’s bump proof. Most Locksmith Kitchener are more than happy to explain how it works and it’s not as complicated as you might think!
8. Inquire about Master Key Systems. If your looking to change the keys that operate your business or even your home, a master key system can save a lot of hassle and it’s not expensive. Instead of having multiple keys for multiple doors, it is very possible to have one key fit everything, while each door has it’s own individual key.
9. Pay attention to how your phone call is answered.
If your call is answered with a monotonous “Locksmith Kitchener” and nothing more, hang up! They should at least specify the company name when answering the phone.
10. Get informed. Scrupulous Emergency Locksmith Kitchener are a nationwide problem and thousands of people just like you have been taken advantage off. This is a large scale problem and it’s not going away any time soon. When it comes to the security of you business or home you need an actual professional who will make sure you are truly secure. Don’t under estimate how important your locks are.